FSA Algebra 1 EOC Assessment Prep
1. Why is this exam important?
Students must pass the Florida Standards Assessments (FSA) Algebra 1 End-of-Course (EOC) Assessment to earn their high school diploma after they have completed the Algebra 1 course.
2. When is this exam administered?
This exam is offered four times per year in the fall, winter, spring, and summer and is a Computer Based Test. For the 2019 – 2020 school year, the exam is offered:
September 9–27, 2019
December 2–20, 2019
May 1–29, 2020
July 13–24, 2020
3. How many sessions and how long?
The exam has two 90 minute sessions and is taken over 2 days. Each day has a 90 minute session.
4. How many questions?
There are a total of 64 to 68 questions. Each session has 32 to 34 questions.
5. What categories are tested and what is the percentage breakdown of each category?
The exam consists of three categories:
1) Algebra and Modeling (41%) – Polynomials, Equations, Inequalities, and Modeling
2) Functions and Modeling (40%) – Analyzing and Graphing Functions, Building Linear, Quadratic, and Exponential Functions, Modeling a relationship based on function, and Solving questions using functions
3) Statistics and the Number System (19%) – Using properties of rational and irrational numbers and exponents, and understanding and concluding about data and linear models
6. Can calculators be used?
No calculators can be used during the first session.
However, calculators can be used on the second session.
Students can use the on-screen calculator during session 2 or an approved scientific calculator if requested.
The approved calculators for the 2019 – 2020 school year are: Texas Instruments TI-30Xa, Casio fx-260 solar, Casio fx-82 solar, Sharp EL-510R, and Sharp EL-510RN.
7. What is the minimum passing score?
The minimum passing score is 497, which is Level 3.
8. Is there a free practice exam?
Yes, please click here for a Practice Exam from the State of Florida.
Please check out my YouTube channel where there are videos of me solving problems from this test with all the steps and answers.
9. Do you tutor for the exam?
Yes! If you need additional help, I will be glad to prepare you for the exam, so you can get results. As a supplemental text to your Algebra 1 textbook, I use the “Florida Algebra I EOC Success Strategies Study Guide”. I also tutor in Algebra 1 and Algebra 2 if you or somebody you know needs help in those courses. I offer 1-on-1 or group tutoring sessions.
Please feel free to contact me and I will be glad to answer any questions you may have.